The political crises, rampant corruption, and unbeatable heat has made life difficult for Pakistanis. Here are 14 amazing facts about this beautiful country that will surely chin you up:
- Pakistan has the largest canal-based irrigation system in the world.
- PIA holds the record for the shortest flight time between Karachi and London. The plane completed the flight in a mere six hours, forty three minutes and fifty five seconds.
- Khewra Salt mine is the oldest salt mine, while the second largest in the world.
- Pakistan is the only country in the world with a fertile desert: Tharparkar desert, Sindh.
- According to a survey Pakistan’s national flag is among the top five most beautiful state flags in the world.
- Pakistan is also home to the world’s longest glacial system that lies outside the polar-regions: the Biafo Glacier.
- Pakistan is also home to the worlds largest man-made forest: Changa Manga which spreads over an astounding 12,423 acres. The forest was named after two dacoit brothers, and was planted by the British foresters in 1866.
- Islamabad is the second most beautiful capital in the world.
- Pakistan has the world’s largest deep sea port located along the coastline of Baluchistan: Gwadar. It is more than 14 meters deep, and has an area of 64,000 square meters.
- Despite the gender gap, Pakistan is the first Muslim country to have woman as its Prime Minister: Benazir Bhutto also holds record for being the first woman leader to give birth while serving in office.
- Pakistan is the first Muslim country to become nuclear power.
- The celebrated Rambo III, starring legendary actor Sylvester Stallone was shot in Pakistan.
- The Badshahi Mosque in Lahore, and Faisal Masjid in Islamabad are two of the world’s largest mosques.
- According to a survey, Pakistan is also home to the world’s most intelligent people. It ranked at number four on the survey.